Welcome to the world Lyla... this is my birth story: so lets see where do I start? I was having regular contractions like I had been in the last week or so I just could not get them to stop. Usually I could take a bath or shower and then they stop. I called doc and said they are still irregular but I cannot get them to stop and they are not too terribly painful?? I let them know I had an appt for a c sec tomorrow and they said to come in BUT they would not check my cervix due to the placenta previa??? WTH??? so I came in and called Nick that I was going to go in to have them hook me up. He said he would leave a hour early from work and meet me at the hospital. I parked illegally and ran up to triage which took a hour to check me in "just to hook me up to a machine??" All the time I am contracting nothing bad like I said. They took me back and put me on the machine and said I was having real contractions 3-5 min apart!!!! :shock: My doctor was already on her way and came in laughing and said where is Nick? Lets do this... :lol: We just laughed and Nick walked in and she said to move my illegally parked car and scrub in. She said she wanted to do one c sec first and then take Lyla. From there Nick was escorted out and I was prepped in. Everything was coming so fast.... They put me up on the table and had me lean over a nurse while they put in the spinal epi in. I was so afraid I would jump. They numbed the spot first and then put the HUGE needle in my back. My doctor was poking me all over and asking if I felt it. I felt some of the pricks closer to my breasts which made me sooooo nervous. Nick said don't worry it looks like they are pinching you good down where they are doing the surgery. I don't think you will feel it.. (whew) They put up the screen and started. I did not feel a thing. Only tugs which they warned you about. I got really emotional and cried the whole time I felt the tugs. She cried immediately and I sobbed even more. The held her up gave me to her to kiss and cleaned her up. They shouted 9 out of 9 on Apgars and I cried harder. Gave her to Nick and we all were wheeled down into recovery. It took about 20 min from the time they cut to recovery. Soon after I was in recovery they said my bp rose quite a bit AFTER the c sec. They called it precalamsia. I am not sure why it rose after the surgery? Any who they hooked me up on Magnesium. They warned me this is pretty nasty stuff. My doc said it was like getting the instant flu. All that and feeling drugged is not cool. I had to stay on it for 2 whole days. I could not wait to get the drip off. Once they unhooked the Mag I felt better within 2 hrs... whew. Strong stuff. My bp improved and now all is well.
She weighed 7 lbs 0 oz and 21 inch long. Welcome baby We Love you soooo much.


0 comments:
Post a Comment