Being a first time mom, I did not realize how much they pick up at this age. We obviously started to watch our mouths and what we do around her but holy poop!!! The other day she picked up my pen I was using on the table and walked over to my address book proceeded to open it and scribble??? I NEVER taught her how to use pen, pencil, crayons.. LOL. I thought who taught her that? Another one, she looks straight at me said, "poop" and continues to give me a stinky. Sorry TMI. I am out to buy a potty this week. Never too early huh?
Some of the things she does has Nick and I rolling on the floor laughing. When she does something really bad (i.e touching the light socket or grabbing cords after telling her no a hundred times) we put her in time out and give her a little spank on the hand. (OK moms, don't yell at me..) In time out she proceeds to cry/whine, and spank her own hand for a minute. Just picture it...
When she is is told "NO" and obeys, she will stops what she is doing, looks right at us with a big smile and say, "good girl". HA!
Her vocabulary is just mind blowing. One of her favs is "bless you" or "ses you". Anytime someone blows their nose or sneezes she will say "ses you" aprox 4 times b/c we smile and tell her thank you. That leads me to the next subject. HAM x 10. She will do anything to get a laugh out of people. She might be shy for a minute but don't let her fool you. At restaurants she leans back in her highchair and continues to babble until the next table looks over and goo's over her. Drama queen.. She def does not get that from her mom. :)
She loves swimming. Grandma Brefeld took her to a friends a couple times and we have been in the backyard. NO fear. I am going to take her to swimming lessons next year.
So besides walking, talking (words), being a ham, and making mommy and daddy laugh she is doing wonderful. I am so blessed to have such a happy healthy babe. Thanks to all who have been a part of our lives.


0 comments:
Post a Comment