My sweet baby is almost two years old. You never believe the people who tell you she will grow up so fast. I honestly had no idea.
Today while driving home she saw a handful of kids in the street playing basketball. They parted to let us drive through and while passing the kids she said, "kids playing ball" ahhhh sentences forming from my little baby's mouth is so rewarding. A couple that I can think of off the top of my head is "mom we go out to eat food" "lyla is so sweet awww" "crazy charlie be good" "don't do that silly goose" I can't wait until the next day when she surprises me with a new word, or sentence.
She is now counting to ten as well. This I discovered the other day when we were counting her toes in the bathtub. 1 2 3 4 5 uh gets six and seven mixed up a bit, 8 9 10!!!! Along with claps and yeahhh!!!
She trys really hard with her ABC's but that is pretty long. She knows the difference between the numbers and letters. I will ask her to count and she will say one two three. She knows that she has 5 fingers and 5 toes on each hand and foot. So proud.
Now on the flip side her terrible twos are in full force. She is just testing Nick and I to the total max. Nick and I were not ready for this stage so fast. Things such as getting dressed, changing diaper is just a nightmare. I do not understand the child physiology on why it is nessary to throw a fit. I have tried everything. I am at the point where I just have to dress her kicking and screaming. Sigh. I am not sure if that is the right way to do it, but when i have to go to work in the morning, no choice.
She also started hitting again. We had a phase of this six months ago but it has returned. It is definitely stems from anger. She gets mad at us and throws her blanket and whines and hits me and the dog...
Time out does work with her if we keep consist ant.
She REALLY ENJOYS the snow. I took her out for the first time in the 12 feet of snow and it was super hard b/c she kept sinking. I swore she would have stayed out all day if i let her.
We have a new member of the family. His name is Charlie. This is Lyla's best friend the cat follows her around like a Shadow. Lyla is a bit rough with him but is learning.
I am excited to have her 2nd birthday party. I hope it warms up around here,
Today while driving home she saw a handful of kids in the street playing basketball. They parted to let us drive through and while passing the kids she said, "kids playing ball" ahhhh sentences forming from my little baby's mouth is so rewarding. A couple that I can think of off the top of my head is "mom we go out to eat food" "lyla is so sweet awww" "crazy charlie be good" "don't do that silly goose" I can't wait until the next day when she surprises me with a new word, or sentence.
She is now counting to ten as well. This I discovered the other day when we were counting her toes in the bathtub. 1 2 3 4 5 uh gets six and seven mixed up a bit, 8 9 10!!!! Along with claps and yeahhh!!!
She trys really hard with her ABC's but that is pretty long. She knows the difference between the numbers and letters. I will ask her to count and she will say one two three. She knows that she has 5 fingers and 5 toes on each hand and foot. So proud.
Now on the flip side her terrible twos are in full force. She is just testing Nick and I to the total max. Nick and I were not ready for this stage so fast. Things such as getting dressed, changing diaper is just a nightmare. I do not understand the child physiology on why it is nessary to throw a fit. I have tried everything. I am at the point where I just have to dress her kicking and screaming. Sigh. I am not sure if that is the right way to do it, but when i have to go to work in the morning, no choice.
She also started hitting again. We had a phase of this six months ago but it has returned. It is definitely stems from anger. She gets mad at us and throws her blanket and whines and hits me and the dog...
Time out does work with her if we keep consist ant.
She REALLY ENJOYS the snow. I took her out for the first time in the 12 feet of snow and it was super hard b/c she kept sinking. I swore she would have stayed out all day if i let her.
We have a new member of the family. His name is Charlie. This is Lyla's best friend the cat follows her around like a Shadow. Lyla is a bit rough with him but is learning.
I am excited to have her 2nd birthday party. I hope it warms up around here,


0 comments:
Post a Comment